- SUSTAINABILITY SPEAKER : Does your community/college/business want to learn more about Fashion Upcycling? Raising awareness through education is the mission behind my brand. Presentation Topics: “What is Eco-Fashion & Upcycling”, “Upcycle It! How to Redesign Your Wardrobe”, “Bloomers and Corsets: The History of Women’s Restrictive Fashion”, “Planning for Success: Entrepreneurial Business in Eco-Fashion”, “Women as Peacemakers & How They Are Transforming the World”.
previous presentations / fashion shows
• “Career Futures in Eco-Fashion Design”, LSCP, Northern Michigan University • “Upcycle It! How to Redesign Your Wardrobe”, Community Education, Arts & Culture Center • “Bloomers and Corsets: The History of Women’s Restrictive Fashion”, MRHM, Michigan • “Planning for Success: Entrepreneurial Business in Eco-Fashion”, ArtServe Michigan • “Women as Peacemakers”, 22nd Gender in Society Conference, England • “Feminist Peace Theory”, 3rd Int’l Women’s Peace Conference, Texas • Lecturer in Women’s Studies/Political Science, Ithaca College & Wells College, NY • Nation-wide Political Public Speaking Tour, Cross-Country United States. • St. Vincent de Paul Earth Day Fashion Show, MI. 2012 • Project Compassion Fashion Show, NMU, MI. 2011/2012 • First, Second, & Third Annual ReFashion Fashion Show (Headliner & Co-Creator), MI. 2010-2012 • SMART (Sustainable Material and Reclaimed Things) Art Show, MI. 2011 • Lanni Lantto 2011 Collection Runway Show, Japan. 2011 • Headlining Designer, Upstate Upcycled Fashion Show, NY. 2011 • “History on the Catwalk” Remade Vintage Fashion Show, MI. 2011 • ReBlossoms Consignment Trunk Show, MI. 2010 • SewGreen “Respect” Eco-Fashion Show, NY. 2008 • “Transfigure” Eco-Fashion Show, NY. 2008.
- WOMEN’S EMPOWERMENT: A commitment to represent a positive body image for all women and create a culture that unifies us by highlighting the beauty in our differences.
- UPCYCLE COLLABORATION NEW BUSINESS MODEL: To create a viable livelihood for entrepreneurs and designers committed to conscious capitalism and social responsibility. Fashion ReDesigning and Upcycling will be a profitable career opportunity with jobs in every community.
- ART AS FASHION: Engaging and Inspiring through eye catching exhibits showing before and after transformations via photos displays and physical pieces.